Indonesian Traditional Massage Diploma
This Indonesian massage therapy course is only available to students who have successfully completed the Tui Na Foundation or Thai Foundation Diploma courses as there is no A&P exam (Details for Indonesian course dates & fees | Book your course place now)
- Indonesian Traditional Massage which includes Javanese and Balinese
massage is similar to Ayurvedic massage and dates back almost
as far as Chinese. It could be regarded as one
of the original oil based massages.
- It is an amalgam of ancient therapeutic techniques whose variety
- In Indonesian massage pushing techniques predominate, working
very deeply to ease muscle and joint pain. Indonesian Traditional
Massage is an ancient system of healing
which relies upon deep pressure massage to break down tensely
knotted tissue and promote harmony of body, mind and soul.
- Unlike other oil based forms of Western massage, Indonesian
techniques are designed to give very deep stimulation to the soft
tissues. These techniques particularly affect the connective tissue
of the muscles - the myofascia and tendons. It
is a highly effective treatment for sports injuries.
- Oil is used for Indonesian Massage, which is strongly therapeutic, and has a beneficial effect on the body's circulation and lymphatic system by releasing it's regenerative and self healing powers. Indonesian massage is performed on a mat on the floor or on a massage couch or when seated on a chair.