An instructional Tui Na DVD is the ideal gift to give any caring parent who wants to use a holistic, drug-free and safe treatment to raise their young children. What parent would not welcome the means to alleviate conditions such as colic and restlessness for their babies.
Tui Na techniques provide the essential green way for infants from birth to six years old to enjoy a healthy future. Parents and babies will both greatly benefit from the rewarding, touch based experience that practicing these massage techniques bring.
What are the benefits of Baby Tui Na or Paediatric Tui Na ?
- Baby Tui Na Chinese massage maintains
the vital Qi (energy) patterns essential for healthy development.
The result, is a very healthy, strong, bright, happy child.
- Good brain development ensures not only high intelligence but effective functioning of all the more vegetative processes as well. The impact that Tui Na has on the intellectual development of a child raised in a stimulating environment & with a close parental-child relationship can seem like a miracle.
- A strong immune system means
not only good resistance to childhood ailments but also a greatly
reduced tendency to react to the ever increasing amounts of substances
in our environment that can cause allergies such as asthma and
- Strong well developed neuromuscular and skeletal systems ensure good motor co-ordination which enhances the development of the physical
skills such as writing, drawing and sports.
- Baby Tui Na Chinese massage is completely holistic in its action
and treats the whole body. Most mothers want to give their children
the best start in life. This means doing all that is possible
to allow each child to develop to the
full potential determined by it genes.
- Baby Tui Na Chinese massage achieves its results by balancing Qi (energy) and promoting its free flow.
Can Baby Tui Na Chinese Massage be used for treating illness?
Ilnesses of all kinds are the result of some disturbance to the normal flow of Qi. Tui Na can restore this flow to treat most of the common health problems of young children:
Baby Tui Na Chinese Massage or Paediatric Tui Na is a branch of traditional Chinese Medicine and was developed from Tui Na for adults over a thousand years ago.
It has been extensively practised in China for at least 700 years and experience has revealed unique ways and means of affecting the energy flow in the bodies of young children.
Babies have meridian systems that are not fully developed,
yet every aspect of a baby's growth and
development depends on Qi flow and its correct balance.
Tui Na Chinese massage for infants uses a whole system of points and pathways that often do not correspond with any of the adult ones. Tui Na Chinese massage for babies is powerful medicine and when performed correctly, its effects are profound.
It is during the first five years of a child's life that the most important physical, neurological and behavioural developments take place. This is the time when disturbances to the flow and diffusion of vital Qi and its balance between the organs can have the most seriously harmful and lasting effects. These include retarded brain development, weakened immune response and slow development of the musculo-skeletal system.
What is the difference between baby Tui Na Chinese massage and oil based Western baby massage?
- Oil based massages can be very relaxing and soothing and help
to reinforce the bond between parent
and child. Tui Na does the same and much more and can be
done through clothing.
- Baby Tui Na is unique. It is the only hands-on system that has
been developed specifically for the
total healthcare of infants from birth to six years.
- Baby Tui Na is completely different from Western baby massage.
- Other forms of massage currently used for babies and young children
are based only on slight adaptations of the methods used for adults
and are generally not remedial in content.
- Baby Tui Na is based on sophisticated
theory that has been systematically documented over a period of
one thousand years during which all the techniques in use
today have been tested a million times.
- Baby Tui Na enables you to balance the intrinsic energies of
your child's body and mind.
Information on baby Tui Na courses - hands on tuiton at the Bodyharmonics centre in Cheltenham for those of you wishing to become a practitioner.